Thursday, May 20, 2010

Rug Warp on Loom

Bob made a warping trapeze for me out of an old door frame I picked up at a garage sale, and I was able to try it out for the first time a couple days ago.  A friend that I have been teaching to weave came over, so I was able to show her how to wind a warp onto the loom with that method.  I love the way the warp goes on the loom--it is so nice and tight on the beam.



I finished threading the loom last night.  Now the loom is sitting there waiting for me to start weaving.  I still have to get my paperclip temples ready, and I think I will use the live weight tensioning system for the rugs, so I still have to get that ready too. Before I do that, though, I have a major mess in the upstairs of the garage/studio that I need to finish sorting. 

I was going through the fabric stash today and found some fabrics that could be good for rugs, and a whole lot more fabric that I'm hoping someone will buy at my yard sale.  I haven't picked a date yet--I don't like making deadlines for things that aren't super important to get done.  It will just happen when I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment