I can't believe I haven't written anything since the beginning of January. I think the bears took a lot out of me, so I haven't been doing any weaving since Christmas.
On January 30th, I had a mild heart attack, but even a mild one has affected me quite a bit. I was too tired to do much of anything for at least a week, and after I started back to work, I didn't have any energy once I got home. I think my brain finally kicked in to where I can actually concentrate on something for more than a few minutes.
I finished winding the linen warp that I was working on when I had the attack, and got it onto the loom a couple days ago. I did a little weaving yesterday, checking for threading errors (I found two) and was thankful that my Leclerc Fanny came with a few snap-in repair heddles. They are so easy to use.
The linen I am working on is for some cloths to use at church for communion. I threaded an Atwater-Bronson lace, and then designed a cross to weave in the center, using a pick-up technique. It took a bit of thinking, but finally figured out the treadling sequence for the pick-up. I have to push two treadles to get a single shaft to rise on my counterbalance loom. I could have done a direct tie-up, but I didn't feel like crawling under the loom to change the treadles, so what I figured out works for me.
The x's on the design weave plain weave, and the lace is all around the cross and in the center of it. It will show up much better after the cloth has been wet finished. The lace threads will migrate toward each other, and leave larger lacy holes.
It feels good to be weaving again!