Sunday, October 16, 2011

Teddy Bears Continued

The weaving continues on the two remaining bear fabrics, plus the paws for five bears.  Click on any photo for better viewing.

This is the pattern for the fabric above.  The threading is a variation of Rose Path.  It is probably in a book somewhere, but I haven't found it.  I'm sure it isn't original, but I came up with it by playing around with the Fiberworks weaving software.  I think the closest to tabby that I can get with this threading and treadling is shown at the bottom.
All the bear fabrics that are woven have been marked with the pattern pieces, and each shape has been stitched around to stabilize the edges, and all openings that have to be hand sewn have been stay-stitched.  I have started on the next part of the assembly line--cutting out half the pieces to sew together.

With the first bear, I thought I would have more control of the fabric, especially with the narrow (1/4") seams, if I cut out only one of the two pieces that need to be sewn together.  It did work out well, so that is what I am doing now.  There is a lot of cutting to do before I get back to the sewing machine.  Sounds like a good excuse to get out Pride and Prejudice and watch it again while I'm cutting!

1 comment:

  1. I am very happy good your siet and photo thank you

    ReplyDelete