I think I mentioned before that I purchased a couple linen warps last summer at an estate sale. At the time, I didn't realize they were cut off a loom without preserving the cross. A few weeks ago, I took the four yard warp and picked the two ply linen out of the bundle and got my loom threaded with a huck pattern. I finally finished all four towels today.
After wet finishing the lattice towel, I decided the floats on the back were a bit long, so I only wove one more from that article, since some of the patterns had even longer floats.
The huck spots towel turned out very nicely. I'm glad I took the time to do the ladder hemstitching. It really sets the towels off. And yes, all the hemming is done by machine.
All of the towels were woven with pieces of one ply linen that I pulled from the twenty yard warp. I think I accomplished enough with those two warps, so I will put the remainders away for a while.
I'm tired of no color, so my next project will probably have some. I finished winding my green rug warp today. I'd like to get Bob to help my make a trapeze before I wind that warp on to the beam. It goes on so much nicer that way, especially with long warps.
I will close with one of my colors of April pictures. I don't remember planting it, and I don't know what it is, but it has the prettiest blue flowers. Maybe someone can let me know what it is.