Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Finished Sampling Yellow Wool


I'm finished sampling with the thin yellow wool.  I made a scarf with a huck weave, which isn't ideal for a yarn that may full.  Even with the fulling, it is kind of pretty, because the weave adds texture.  it isn't as soft as I would like for something around my neck, but someone will like it. 

There was a little extra warp left to weave some small samples for my sample book.  In a class I took from Laura Fry on finishing fabrics, she suggested saving an unwashed sample and a finished sample.  I did that for the huck weave and plain weave.

Since I have about 4 pounds of this wool, I think I may overdye some of it and possibly use it for a blanket or couch throw.  This is one time when I wish I had a wider loom, because I don't think I would want to work with this yarn in doubleweave, since it would be a bit sticky.

Well, my next weaving will be getting back to my towel warp in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment