I'm back to dyeing more yarn for Teddy bears. I finished winding off 5 more yards of warp last night, and dyed it tonight (Akk! I mean last night! I didn't realize it was so late.) I tried a different dye this time: Cushing's Perfection Dye in a dark brown. I tried presoaking the four warp bouts in water and vinegar after washing it. I don't think I like the vinegar process very well, because the yarn didn't dye evenly. I'm sure it was something I did wrong, but I'm not sure what it was. So I have a varigated brown yarn, which can still look ok for what I am using it for. No pictures tonight. Maybe tomorrow.
The granddaughters picked out colors to have me dye the wool-angora weft, so I will get that done tomorrow. Hopefully the warp will be dry enough tomorrow or Sunday to start winding it on the loom.
I'm still trying to decide which steam press I will buy, so I can fuse the interfacing to the fabric before cutting out the bears. I'm leaning towards the Reliable, which is sold by the same company that sells Baby Lock sewing machines.