Since I didn't know anything about a counterbalance loom with more than four shafts, I decided that was where I would start.
The only tie-up cords on the loom were the ropes on the front and back beams. I had to make and figures out the rest.
I didn't have many spare string heddles, but found enough to make a test warp with about 170 ends.
This shows the stage of leveling the shafts before tying up the lamms and treadles.
This was my first experience using shaft levelers, the two notched bars hanging from one of the cross pieces. I didn't have any, so Bob made me a couple sets, one for six shafts and one for ten. The upper shafts fit into the notches and the whole set-up starts with them being hung from the beam above and leveled.