Saturday, July 2, 2011
Homemade Potholder Loom
In the basement in Bob's shop, I found some scrap wood and cut the four sides for the loom, assembled them, and gave the frame a bright red coat of paint.
I marked out the placement for the pegs, (22 per side), and then headed for Ace Hardware to see if I could find anything that wasn't too expensive to use for them.
I'm testing it out with a log cabin layout. If I make another one, I will probably put fewer pegs on a side (maybe 20). I'll see if I have trouble weaving 22 rows first. I can always cut the loopers a little narrower. I cut this batch 1" wide.