As part of my stash reduction, I picked out a yarn that I thought would make a nice little handbag. I purchased two cones of wool mixed with angora yarn at an estate sale a while ago.
I got out my notes from a Magic in the Water workshop that I went to a while ago. We made several samples with different wools, so I was able to compare my yarn with some of the yarns we used in the class. Mine was similar to one that was sett at 10 epi, so that was my starting point.
I checked out the shrinkage and decided that 10" in the reed would work. I liked it already, since that was only 100 ends! I wanted to make about six bags, plus have some to play around with, so I measured out about ten yards. On the warping reel, it went quickly.
It was important to see how much the fabric would full, so I wove off 24" and cut it off the loom. Staying up way too late last night, I did the wet finishing. I agitated it by hand in hot soapy (Dawn) water for about 4-5 minutes. I changed the water a couple times so the water would stay hot.