Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lace Sampling Finished


I changed the linen warp on my sample loom from 18 epi to 24 epi to see which sett I liked best.  After this test, I think it was better at 18 than 24.  Maybe partway between at 20 would be better.  At 24 epi, the pattern is elongated but the plain weave is tighter.

Now I have to decide if I want to take the time to make some towels with this pick-up technique.  I was thinking about doing a gamp with it along with some people in the local weaving guild.  I figured I could use cotton instead of linen, and use three different colors for the warp and the same three for the warp.  Now that I know I can do this, I will have to get back the the planning stage. 

At one time, I did a summer and winter weaving with pink, yellow and lt. blue that looked like 6 colors, so I may do that.

My other idea was to use complimentary colors that can make the plain weave look irridescent.  That could be interesting too.  A lot depends on my yarn stash and whether I want to dye yarn.
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment