Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Finished With Multi-colored Warp--Finally!
Other photos of this project can be found at: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=40231&id=1626469236&l=81805a6877
The multi-colored warp has been on one of my looms for a couple months now, but it has been so cold up here in Michigan, that I haven't done much weaving during the week, since it takes so long for the studio to get warm. I did get out there last night after Bob and Carolyn and I played a half game of Mexican Train.
This is the final bit of weaving. It could be a sample, but I prefer that it be usable, so I'll probably hem it and use it for a dishrag.
Here is the tail end, with all my knots that I tied on to the previous warp. I really did like this warp, but was getting a bit tired of it.
I finished up the last little bit of weaving and then had to start the finishing. Once I unrolled everything from the loom, I had 5 1/2 towels.
I cut them apart and serged the ends and took them in the house to do the wet finishing.
Here they all are, soaking in hot soapy water.
I would be interested in hearing if there is a solution to the bleeding problem. I thought about soaking them in soda ash and treating them like they were going to be dyed, but then thought that all the other colors would also absorb the turquoise or brown. All the colors that I dyed were fine and only had a faint residue bleed out into the water.